The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria and assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 26.10.2016 - MERGERS: AMO SR approved the merger of Zhongwang International Group Limited and Aleris Corporation
- 21.10.2016 - MERGERS: AMO approved the merger of the undertaking Sandberg Capital, správ. spol., a.s. and a part of the undertaking Diligentia R.C., s.r.o.
- 11.10.2016 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of merger of Zhongwang International Group Limited and Aleris Corporation
- 06.10.2016 - AMO SR initiated administrative proceedings in the matters of possible vertical agreements
- 30.09.2016 - MERGERS: AMO initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of merger of EP Industries, a.s. and ELTRA, s.r.o.