The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria; assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition and ensures the protection of competition in the area of state aid. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 22.06.2017 - Regional Court in Bratislava upheld the decisions of the AMO SR on the abuse of a dominant position by Slovak Telekom
- 20.06.2017 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of a merger of EP Industries, a.s., and SLOVENSKÉ ENERGETICKÉ STROJÁRNE, a.s.
- 09.05.2017 - AMO SR develops cooperation with the University of Economics in Bratislava and prepares a conference together with its faculty
- 13.04.2017 - AMO SR and the University of Economics in Bratislava signed a memorandum of cooperation
- 12.04.2017 - CARTELS: AMO SR stopped the administrative proceedings for the suspicion of a cartel in public procurement and stopped also the investigation of related cases