The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria and assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 28.06.2016 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of merger Sandberg Capital, sprav. spol., a.s., Bratislava and SK Consortium 2 S.a.r.l., Luxembourg and the undertakings under its control
- 28.06.2016 - MERGERS: AMO SR stopped the administrative proceedings in the matter of merger of undertakings Kofola CS, a.s., ČR and WAD GROUP, a.s., SR
- 24.06.2016 - Council of the Office confirmed the decision of the Division of Cartels on breaching an obligation to submit all required documentation and information within the time stipulated by the Office
- 24.06.2016 - Council of the Office confirmed the decision on cartels of the undertakings in the market of construction and reconstruction works
- 23.06.2016 - MERGERS: AMO SR approved the merger of Walter Frey Holding AG, CITROËN SLOVAKIA, CITROËN ČESKÁ REPUBLIKA, PEUGEOT SLOVAKIA and PEUGEOT ČESKÁ REPUBLIKA