The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria; assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition and ensures the protection of competition in the area of state aid. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 29.06.2018 - MERGERS: AMO SR approved the merger of the undertakings BUDAMAR LOGISTICS, a.s., Optifin Invest, s.r.o., and TATRAVAGÓNKA, a.s.
- 27.06.2018 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of a merger of the undertakings IMMOFINANZ AG, S IMMO AG and CA Immobilien Anlagen AG
- 26.06.2018 - MERGERS: AMO SR imposed a fine on the undertaking EP Industries, a.s., for the failure to notify the merger and its implementation
- 12.06.2018 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of a merger of undertakings Karlovarské minerální vody, a.s., PEPSICO CZ, s.r.o, PEPSI-COLA SR, s.r.o., Fővárosi Ásványvíz - és Üdítőipari Zártkörűen Működő Részvénytársaság
- 10.05.2018 - The Council of the AMO SR upheld the fine of more than EUR 10 million in the area of supplies and sale of the group of Rajo dairy products