The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria; assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition and ensures the protection of competition in the area of state aid. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 11.01.2017 - Council of the Office upheld the decision of the AMO, the Division of Cartels, on the infringement of obligation during an inspection
- 09.01.2017 - MERGERS: AMO SR approved the merger of a joint venture SAT Spezialbau GmbH of the undertakings SAT Straßensanierung GmbH and OAT Beteiligungs GmbH
- 09.01.2017 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of a merger of ATALIAN SK s.r.o. and AB Facility s.r.o.
- 06.12.2016 - EXPERT CONFERENCE: EUROPEAN COMPETITION DAY
- 05.12.2016 - AMO SR stopped the administrative proceedings against the Slovak Banking Association