The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria; assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition and ensures the protection of competition in the area of state aid. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 06.12.2017 - Supreme Court upheld AMO´s decision on cartel agreement in banking sector
- 05.12.2017 - AMO SR supports the adoption of World Competition Day
- 01.12.2017 - MERGERS: AMO SR approved the merger of undertakings Východoslovenská energetika Holding, a.s., and ČEZ Slovensko, s.r.o.
- 01.12.2017 - MERGERS: AMO SR stopped administrative proceedings in the matter of a merger of Fitzroy Merger Co and Ferrara Candy Company Holdings, Inc.
- 28.11.2017 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated administrative proceedings in the matter of a merger of undertakings JD Norman Industries, Inc. and REGE Motorenteile GmbH