The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria; assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition and ensures the protection of competition in the area of state aid. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 01.02.2017 - AMO SR imposed a fine for submitting false and incomplete documentation and information
- 27.01.2017 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of a merger of Faurecia S.A., Parrot S.A. and Parrot Automotive S.A.S.
- 19.01.2017 - MERGERS: AMO initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of a merger of GEFE Consulting, s.r.o. and nkt cables automotive, s.r.o.
- 18.01.2017 - MERGERS: AMO imposed a fine for submitting incomplete documentation and information
- 11.01.2017 - Council of the Office upheld the decision of the AMO, the Division of Cartels, on the infringement of obligation during an inspection