The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria; assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition and ensures the protection of competition in the area of state aid. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 11.10.2017 - Council of the Office upheld decision on cartel agreements between undertakings in the market with meal and benefit vouchers
- 25.09.2017 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of creating a joint venture Mubea Somboon Automotive Co., Ltd.
- 25.09.2017 - Council of the Office issued a decision on agreements related to the sale of Škoda passenger cars
- 18.09.2017 - The Council of the Office upheld the decision on the participation of Siemens Aktiengesellschaft Österreich in an agreement restricting competition
- 06.09.2017 - MERGERS: AMO SR approved the merger of YIT Oyj and Lemminkäinen Oyj