The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria and assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 20.07.2016 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of merger of Tianjin Tianhai Investment Company, Ltd., the USA and Ingram Micro Inc., the USA
- 11.07.2016 - ILLEGAL AGREEMENT ON SELLING DAIRY PRODUCTS REVEALED: AMO SR decided on EUR 10 million fine on a group of undertakings
- 06.07.2016 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of merger of CEE Transport Holding B.V., Amsterdam, the Netherlands and WABERER´S International NyRt., Budapest, Hungary
- 06.07.2016 - AMO SR issued commitment decision in the field of repair and maintenance of motor vehicles
- 28.06.2016 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of merger Sandberg Capital, sprav. spol., a.s., Bratislava and SK Consortium 2 S.a.r.l., Luxembourg and the undertakings under its control