The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria; assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition and ensures the protection of competition in the area of state aid. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 10.05.2018 - The Council of the AMO SR upheld the fine of more than EUR 10 million in the area of supplies and sale of the group of Rajo dairy products
- 24.04.2018 - CARTELS: AMO SR decided on fines for two undertakings providing drinking regime
- 16.04.2018 - AMO SR conducted unannounced inspections at undertakings in the area of purchase, sale and distribution of original ink and toner cartridges
- 05.04.2018 - MERGERS: AMO SR approved the joint venture of companies SWAN, a.s., and BENESTRA, s. r. o.
- 03.04.2018 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of the merger of undertakings Bohai Automotive Systems Co., Ltd, and TRIMET Automotive Holding GmbH