The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria; assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition and ensures the protection of competition in the area of state aid. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 17.03.2021 - AMO SR issued a commitments decision against the company HP Inc Slovakia, s.r.o., in relation to a possible vertical agreement restricting competition
- 05.03.2021 - CARTELS: AMO SR initiated an administrative proceeding for a possible cartel agreement in the public procurement of construction works in energy sector
- 05.03.2021 - OFFICE HOURS OF REGISTRY OF AMO SR HAVE BEEN CHANGED
- 05.03.2021 - AMO SR continues restricting office days and hours and recommends communicating preferentially electronically
- 05.03.2021 - MERGERS: AMO SR stopped an administrative proceeding in the matter of a merger of undertakings FARMA INVEST, s. r. o., KRATKY GLOBAL: Private Equity, a.s., and Slovenské farmárske, a.s.