The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria; assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition and ensures the protection of competition in the area of state aid. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 15.01.2021 - MERGERS: AMO SR approved the merger of undertakings Slovenský plynárenský priemysel, a.s., and ČEZ ESCO, a.s.
- 03.01.2021 - BETWEEN 4 AND 22 JANUARY 2021 AMO SR RESTRICTS OFFICE HOURS AND DAYS AND RECOMMENDS ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION
- 22.12.2020 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated an administrative proceedings in the matter of a merger of the undertakings Pro Diagnostic Group, a.s., Ribera Salud, S.A., Pro Partners Holding, a.s., and MUDr. Ježík
- 21.12.2020 - AMO SR has commemorated the 20th anniversary of the accession of the Slovak Republic to the OECD
- 21.12.2020 - REGISTRY OF AMO SR BETWEEN 21/12/2020 AND 8/1/2021 WILL BE OPEN FROM 9.00 TO 11.00 A.M., IT WIL BE CLOSED ON 23/12/2020 AND ON 31/12/2020