The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria; assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition and ensures the protection of competition in the area of state aid. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 20.11.2020 - CARTELS: AMO SR decided to impose fines on three undertakings for a cartel agreement in the area of supplies of machines and mechanical and technological equipment
- 19.11.2020 - ABUSE OF A DOMINANT POSITION: AMO SR initiated an administrative proceedings in the matter of possible abuse of dominant position in the area of waste management
- 13.11.2020 - AMO SR imposed a fine on the undertaking Slovenská pošta, a.s., for a failure to submit required documentation and information within a stipulated time limit and the submission of false information – additional information
- 13.11.2020 - MERGERS: AMO SR approved the merger of undertakings AGEL SK a.s. and Faculty Hospital with Polyclinic Skalica, a.s.
- 12.11.2020 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated an administrative proceedings in the matter of a merger of companies ČEZ ESCO, a.s., and Slovenský plynárenský priemysel, a. s.