The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria; assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition and ensures the protection of competition in the area of state aid. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 09.07.2020 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated an administrative proceedings in the matter of creating a joint venture by the undertakings Conti Tech Techno-Chemie GmbH and dk Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH
- 30.06.2020 - CARTELS: AMO SR conducted an unannounced inspection at undertakings in the sector of technical, medicinal and special gases
- 02.06.2020 - Council of AMO SR decided on the imposition of a more than 6,7 million fine for a cartel agreement in the sale of Volkswagen motor vehicles
- 01.06.2020 - Council of AMO SR decided on the unlawful restriction of competition in the area of providing pharmaceutical care in Surany
- 27.05.2020 - ABUSE OF A DOMINANT POSITION: AMO SR annulled a preliminary measure in an administrative proceedings in the matter of a possible abuse of a dominant position in the field of production and distribution of energy and media