The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria; assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition and ensures the protection of competition in the area of state aid. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 05.03.2019 - CARTELS: AMO SR conducted an unannounced inspection in the area of machinery and mechanical and technological equipment
- 26.02.2019 - MERGERS: AMO SR approved the merger of the undertaking RENAULT RETAIL GROUP and the part of the undertaking KESTLER, spol. s r. o.
- 28.01.2019 - AMO SR initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of possible unlawful restriction of competition in the field of pharmaceutical care
- 28.01.2019 - AMO SR initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of a possible agreement restricting competition in the sale of children's goods
- 18.12.2018 - Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic conducted inspections in the field of the supply of construction works and technology