The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria; assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition and ensures the protection of competition in the area of state aid. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 13.01.2020 - MERGERS: AMO SR approved the merger of the undertakings MiddleCap Group S.A. and BBF Tech, a.s.
- 13.01.2020 - Council of AMO SR upheld the first-instance decision of AMO SR on cartel agreement related to construction works on sports playgrounds
- 16.12.2019 - AMO SR has initiated an administrative proceedings in the matter of a possible agreement restricting competition in the area of selling original ink and toner cartridges to customers in public sector
- 16.12.2019 - MERGERS: AMO SR has initiated an administrative proceedings in the matter of a merger of the undertakings MiddleCap Group S.A. and BBF Tech, a.s.
- 15.12.2019 - MERGERS: AMO SR approved the merger of undertakings operating furniture stores KIKA and Möbelix