The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria; assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition and ensures the protection of competition in the area of state aid. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 05.12.2019 - CARTELS: AMO SR conducted an unannounced inspection at an undertaking operating in the sector of providing services in the area of public procurement
- 27.11.2019 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated an administrative proceedings in the matter of the merger of the undertakings Arca Capital Slovakia, a.s., and BUKOCEL, a.s.
- 20.11.2019 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated an administrative proceedings in the matter of a merger of the undertakings SORIA, a.s., AUTOPOLIS, a.s., FABRI CAPITAL, a.s., and LP Motors, s.r.o.
- 20.11.2019 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated an administrative proceedings in the matter of a merger of the undertakings Caisse des dépôts et consignations, La Poste S.A. and CNP Assurances S.A.
- 19.11.2019 - Council of AMO SR changed the first-instance decision of the Office in the matter of the abuse of dominant position by a company in rail freight transport