The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria; assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition and ensures the protection of competition in the area of state aid. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 18.09.2018 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of creating joint ventures by the undertakings SIGNA Holding GmbH and Hudson's Bay Company
- 18.09.2018 - MERGERS: AMO SR initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of the undertakings NN Group N.V., AEGON Životná poisťovňa, a.s., Aegon, d.s.s., a.s., and Aegon Pojišťovna, a.s.
- 10.09.2018 - INVITATION: AMO SR is pleased to invite you to conference on Current Trends in Slovak and European Competition Law
- 03.09.2018 - AMO SR conducts sector inquiry into e-commerce
- 31.08.2018 - AMO SR announces the conference "Current Trends in Slovak and European Competition Law"