The Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic is an independent central body of state administration of the Slovak Republic for the protection of competition. The Office intervenes in cases of cartels, abuse of a dominant position, vertical agreements; it controls mergers that meet the notification criteria; assesses actions of state and local administration authorities if they restrict competition and ensures the protection of competition in the area of state aid. The Antimonopoly Office applies Slovak and European competition law. Within the European Competition Network (ECN) the Office fulfils the tasks resulting from the membership of the Slovak Republic in the European Union.
- 16.10.2019 - MERGERS: AMO SR has initiated an administrative proceedings due to possible infringements of law in relation to a merger in the area of assembly, maintenance and construction works
- 10.10.2019 - MERGERS: AMO SR approved the merger of the undertakings UNIPETROL, a.s., and Fontee, s.r.o.
- 09.10.2019 - MERGERS: AMO SR approved the merger of the undertakings GRAFOBAL GROUP development, a. s., Bratislavská vodárenská spoločnosť, a. s., and Infra Services, a. s.
- 02.10.2019 - MERGERS: AMO SR approved the merger of the undertakings Manuvia, a.s., PhDr. Marek Kuchta, MBA Daniel Bercel, MBA, ELNI CAPITAL LTD, EUROTRADE - SR, a.s., EDYMAX Flexibility, s.r.o., EDYMAX Europe, s. r. o., and EDYMAX Personal Management SE
- 04.09.2019 - CARTELS: AMO SR has initiated the administrative proceedings in the matter of a possible cartel agreement during public procurement for the supplies of machines and mechanical and technological equipment